I was shocked and disturbed what an eighteen or nineteen lady did to me yesterday.
I work in a supermarket as a cashier and staff are not allowed to make purchases at their own cash counter. Hence, the staff has to move to other cash counters to make a payment.
A young temporary staff (A1) came to my counter and made payment for a $2.50 bottle of drink. She paid with a $10 note and I returned $7.50. We made small talk shortly after the exchange.
While talking, A1 suddenly took out a 20 cents coin and asked me if I paid her a 20cents instead of 50cents. I was not sure but I remembered giving her 2 20 cents and 1 ten cents coins. But A1 sounded confident that I gave her a 20 cents coin.
Since there was no witness or CCTV to view, I gave her back 30cents out of goodwill.
However, I noticed A1 looked guilty and handed back the 30 cents to me and said "oh, never mind only 30 cents". But I insisted she keeps the change. A1 tried to return the change to me several times, but I refused to take it back.
While doing closing of the accounts, I was short of 30cents and informed the chief cashier (CC) about it. Usually CC would raise voice and comment "aiyo shortage ah" and she would just update the shortage form. CC don't question how it happened.
But in this incident, CC asked "why it happen?" I was taken aback and answered "I gave a 20 cents instead of 50cents to a customer". CC then asked "customer or staff?"
I was shocked why CC mentioned "staff" but nevertheless I replied her "customer".
When I was traveling on the MRT, after several thoughts of why CC questioned this time, I came to a conclusion that A1 created this incident and back stab me by reporting to CC, making her (A1) a reliable informer.
Shit to A1, she will get to taste her own medicine one fine day. She is still young and has a long long route in front of her.
Good luck A1!
No comments:
Post a Comment